10/30/09

Selfish Blog....

I call this my selfish blog...because...it....is....about.....

ME!!!!

ok...soo anyways, I am converting and compressing some video footage right now and had about 15 minutes to spare and I figured I would spend them with you all.

I am up late tonight down stairs in the basement/Mess Hall working on a video that will hopefully be used in Sunday morning's service back home...hint hint, cough cough, wink wink. A couple of the missionaries here are watching a movie up late just taking it easy...of course I was on duty tonight...their DVD player was on the fritz...so...I fixed it! :-)
*dusts off shoulders proudly*

We had a pretty amazing thing take place tonight, after we got back from the blind school we took about a 2 hour break and then went to the hospital to serve meals to all of the patients. It was really neat, we split up into 4 or 5 teams covering all floors with patients, their are 8 floors in total. My team was the top floor. Michael Ray, Kathy Wright, and myself. We served several different rooms which consisted of Indian Citizens, Canadians, South Koreans, and a pair of very sweet Norwegian women.

What was so neat was when we walked into the room with the 2 Norwegian gals, they looked very down and somber, yet extremely surprised to see the happy smiling faces of 3 very white people walking into the room with their food. The one girl that was the patient was very sick running a fever that was rapidly fluctuating....when it was up...she was miserable...when it was down she felt fine...while we were there she felt miserable....

We talked with them for just a minute or so and then Michael bluntly asked what I was already wondering: "Would you two girls mind me asking you if you are Christians?"

the non-sick Norwegian girl placed her hand over her mouth and looked to be fighting back tears and responded with a head nod and a wimper of yes. She asked us how we knew, and Michael simply replied we didn't know, but can we pray with you?

They were thrilled to have us pray for them, we let her know we were going to lay hands on her and pray as the Bible instructs us to do, we prayed for her that the fever would disappear and that her health would be restored. We plan on checking in on them tomorrow and see how they are doing!

They let us know how appreciative they were and that this was the biggest blessing they had received all day. It was great for us to have that feeling of knowing that we helped somebody, and that it simply came out of just taking them their evening meal.

What is even more moving to me is when I place myself in their shoes....2 very young foreigners stuck in an Indian hospital with no friends or family around, one with a sickness/illness that the doctors can't figure out and is making her miserable...really no hope at the very moment...most likely praying that God would help them and reveal himself to them...then 3 Christians walk into their hospital room asking if they can pray for them.

All I can say is that it was awesome for us, but if I was in their shoes that would be such a confirmation of God caring and letting them know that he is never going to leave them or forsake them.

on a lighter note....I have been dying to show you guys two photos...

The piles of cow pies....
and the Bull that tried to maim me...


Here is an assortment of some more selfish pictures.....







Also....you can't go wrong with Rooftop monkey....
Please note there are a great deal of photos on the previous blog post that you may not have seen...32 pictures and 2 videos to be exact!

No comments: