7/10/09

What worked for me...

Hello, my name is Ryan.

Just over 18 months ago I decided to conduct a job search with the intent of changing jobs. My efforts included the preparation of a well thought out and professionally written resume, and a door opening cover letter which was customized to each employer.

What I soon realized in today's technology driven society, I could paint a better picture of my skills, accomplishments, and character through a personal Web site or "Online Portfolio."

Within 1 month of the completion of my Online Portfolio I began receiving requests for interviews from Nashville television programs, Television news stations, and MTV. Within a grand total of 6 weeks I secured my present position as a Media Pastor while having to turn down 4 other job offers.

Since 2008 I have been refining my approach and helping friends and acquaintances in assorted career searches. Their success has been remarkable.

Beginning in January of 2009 I began offering these services to the public through my website Jolapa.com

It is not easy to stand out from the crowd, but an Online Portfolio can make it happen.

I leave you with these verse from Ecclesiastes 4: 9-10

Two are better than one; for if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falleth, and hath not another to lift him up.

No comments: